Monday 3 December 2012

Play Bow Collograph

This is for a page about how dogs love to play. It shows a play soliciting posture called the play bow. I'm not 100% sure if I'm finished on this one. I was hoping the legs would come out a bit paler so that she looks like a dog with white legs, belly and face with tan markings. May have to reprint it paler with a new tan print on top and the definition for the eyes and ears over that.
This is what the print looked like before I added the 2nd layer. I felt there was not enough definition around the ear and decided it was a good opportunity to add more detail to the face. I espescially like his whisker spots around his nose.
This is how the face collograph printed first time round. I really like the furry texture, but it was too much so I cleaned most of the colour of the collograph before printing it after this.

No comments: